Massachusetts Electric Utilities
Below we have a full list of Electricity rates from all the suppliers of Electric in your area. Please select your current electric utility and begin searching for great electric prices in Massachusetts.
Switching to a new supplier is Fast, Easy and Convenient
- Locate your electric bill. You will need information such as name, service address, and account number #.
- Choose your current Utility provider from the list below. (Refer to bill)
- On the next page review list of suppliers and choose a rate plan that works best for you.
- Click the "Apply for this offer" button and complete the secure online form using the information from your electric bill.
|Massachusetts Electric Utilities||Compare Prices|
|Fitchburg Gas & Electric Light Company||Shop for Massachusetts Electricity Savings|
|National Grid||Shop for Massachusetts Electricity Savings|
|NStar Electric||Shop for Massachusetts Electricity Savings|
|Western Massachusetts Electric Company||Shop for Massachusetts Electricity Savings|
Rest assured Electric Suppliers must be certified by the PUCO before they can sell Electricity to residential customers. Certification is an ongoing, thorough process to make sure each supplier is qualified to provide electricity in Ohio.
Your Electric bill is made up of multiple parts;
- The generation service charge is related to the costs associated with the production of electricity
- The transmission charge is the cost for moving high voltage electricity from generation facilities to the distribution facilities of the local electric utility.
- The distribution charge is the cost for moving and final delivery of electricity to your home or business.
- The customer charge is the cost for the equipment such as the meter, as well as the maintenance of the service lines and distribution system.
Price to compare on your bill will show you what you currently pay per kilowatt-hour for generation and transmission services. This is the price a new supplier must beat to save you money. This information will not appear on the bills of commercial and industrial customers.
Your local utility will still deliver your electric as always for the same fee, but the cost of your electric is now up to you. Should your electricity ever go out or have an emergency call your local utility.